Redirecting... please be patient

Monday, October 5, 2009

Book Review - The Everafter

The Everafter
By: Amy Huntley

Photobucket

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Balzer + Bray/ HarperTeen
  • Release Date September 29, 2009
  • Language: English

______________________________________________________________

Madison Stanton is dead. She doesn't know how she died, she just knows she is. While in a place she calls "is", she contemplates her death, but can't seem to remember anything. While floating in "is" she discovers items that are surrounding her. Soon, she discovers that the items can momentarily let her re-experience moments of her life. The only items in "is" with her are items that she has lost in her life that she was never able to find. Such as her boyfriend, Gabe's sweatshirt, a bracelet, an orchid, a pine cone, and several other things.

Madison becomes obsessed with visiting her life and getting away from "is". She missing living. And she is really wanting to know how she died. Madison makes the mistake of realizing she can change things while she goes back to re-experience these moments.

Madison begins to learn about her life more in depth. It's like being on the outside looking in to her once life.

She re-experiences these moments with one focus... her death. Will she discover how she died, or will she be stuck in "is" forever?

Photobucket

_____________________________________________________________

My Thoughts...

I was first attracted to this book, because the cover is fabulous! When I read what it was about, I was intrigued. So many of us think about the afterlife... what exactly will happen, etc. I know what I believe, and yes. It's completely different from this novel, but I thought this book had an interesting perspective.

I can't say "is" sounded appealing. But I loved how creative this author was. Each item that was lost could be re-experienced by the main character, Madison. She tries changing things, and then learns that she isn't supposed to mess with what's already happened. So, she just watches, and learns. She gets a more in depth look at her once life, and she learns just how much love she had for those important to her in that life.

She does eventually learn how she dies, and man was I shocked!

I will admit. I did have a little bit of a hard time getting into it, but once I did I found it interesting. This book is an easy read, and I was able to read it in 1 day.

You can purchase The Everafter HERE if you'd like. I recommend it.


I give The Everafter 3.5 out of 5 stars.






No comments: