Redirecting... please be patient

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Do I Have A Sign On My Back?

So, you're reading a blog post, right?  And in the midst of the blog post you realize, "Oh my gosh!  This is about me!"  And this is not said in a giddy school girl voice full of excitement.  More like "Are you kidding me?  GET A LIFE!"  Now, look.  I make friends, easily.  I am a very "chill" person.  Of course, I do have my moments of throwing fits, but I don't do that often at all.  Drama, people.  Nasty.  Don't like it, don't want it.  But, I swear I attract it like I have a huge sign on my back that says "Talk crap about me, cuz I like it" or "I would die without drama".  Now, I have never read a post that is literally saying my name.  But when you know, you just KNOW.  There are so many hints in a post that your name might as well be right there.  Know what I'm sayin'?  These posts are always superficial , because no one knows the real deal.  They just think they do.  I love people like that.

Not.

I can not figure out why people do this.  I doubt I will ever figure it out.  Some people are just this way.  Built to gossip, be rude, nasty, unpleasant, judgmental and mean.  Their choice.

My choice?  Chalk it up to extreme jealousy, rant with a friend, and be done with it.  In this case, I am ranting a bit on here to all of my blog friends (YOU!).  :)  I choose to surround myself with like minded people.  People that encourage each other, and like you for who you are, instead of only liking you for what you do.  My mom always told me my whole childhood, "You are who you hang out with".  I never got that until I grew up.  Why would I want to hang out with some who is rude, unpleasant, mean, nasty, judgmental, and likes to gossip?  I don't want to be like them.  Therefore I choose to hang out with people that are nice, encouraging, understanding, loving, caring, etc etc etc.  All of those things... I am and want to be.  Sure.  I have my flaws, but doesn't everyone?  But in the grand scheme of things... I am a lover not a hater.  ;)  haha.

I laugh at this because it all reminds me of a drama filled reality series.  And I am just the quiet one in the corner happy to be minding my own business with my like minded friends, while the "I 'think' I'm too good for everyone" girls stand in a huddle gossiping for the world to see.  They can have that limelight.  I don't want any part of it.  So, who's with me?



Pure awesome moment at Bloggy Bootcamp.
Kim from Today's Creative Blog kissing me.  
Now, she is someone I want to surround myself with...
and not because she is kissing me.  haha!  She is just
an amazing person.  Love ya Kim!  So glad
after over a year of chatting online 
we FINALLY got to meet! 
And thank you Julie for the great picture!
*More Bloggy Bootcamp Pictures to come!*








P.S.  Incase you didn't notice.... I don't just blog happy times all the time.  This is reality, and I choose to blog about all of it.  The good, the bad, the ugly and the pure awesome of life!  xo

P.P.S.  Don't forget to enter the Red Letter Word giveaway below... Or click here.

11 comments:

Mendie said...

mean people suck. good for you for looking past it.

@TiffanyRom said...

Medie is right. Mean People Suck and Should Go Home.

And, your mom is right- you are who you hang with.

I love this pic of you and Kim- is she fun or what????

Later SIS.

T

Danielle said...

I know what you mean. I never attracted drama until this year. REALLY! And I'm 37 years old. I don't know if I'm suddenly befriending the wrong people or if I am the problem. I just hate it, though. I'm sorry you're going through this. You have a fan and empthetic friend here:-)

Melissa Abby said...

Seriously??!! Don't people have better things to do with their time and energy than write lame stuff about you and/or others? Glad you can look past it :)

The McKays said...

agree with melissa--glad you can look past it. and glad you DO have goodgoodgood friends to hold on to. xoxo

Celeste said...

I'm with ya. People who are nasty and enjoy creating drama - they need to get a life. I mean, really, they're shallow.

My mom always told me that "hurting people hurt people" - so, these people are probably feelin' down & out about themselves, so they think that slammin' someone else will make themselves feel better.

Find Jesus, people!

Cheryl said...

I know what you mean! I'm in my 30s and only encountered some drama last year. It was horrific - felt like I was in highschool again and I just said to the other person "You keep going on yelling and name calling. I won't participate. The End. See ya!"

You're doing the right thing by turning and running in the other direction. You have fans all over bloggy land

My parents too used to say "You are the company you keep" and I never really understood until now.

Looking forward to your posts about bootcamp. Have been reading some of Lisa's posts and makes me a bit envious that I'm in Canada and can never attend these things. LOL. I want to hang with you guys! LOL

Unknown said...

I hate drama...! So sorry this is happening to you, hun.

I swear, some girls are just like they were in high school...only worse because they learn how to be even more cattier now that they're older :(

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya!

Robyn Lee said...

I know exactly what you mean! And you've got the right attitude so just keep that up! :) *Hugs*

Heather Ozee said...

I don't think anyone who isn't a busy body gossip really enjoys the fruits of those who are. Just remember... what goes around comes around. You may not see it happen... but it will eventually. :)