Redirecting... please be patient

Saturday, November 7, 2009

I met HER!

Thursday was a good day.
A VERY good day.
Why?  You ask.
Because I met her, that's why...
Who is her?

Me and THE Pioneer Woman!

That's right!
I got to meet THE PIONEER WOMAN!
Wow.
 
Her cookbook is SO her!  If you read her blog, you'll 
know what I mean by saying that.
The cookbook is her through and through.
It is the most interesting cookbook I have ever
read.  And the first cookbook I have looked through
and laughed out loud.  Great stuff!  I highly
recommend it!  I can't wait to make some of the
recipes in there, especially the Prune Cake.  :)

I got her book at the bookstore she was signing at.
Waited 4 hours, and had her sign mine.

We talked.  We laughed.  I told her where my Oklahoma family lives.
She knew where they lived.
In fact, my grandparents live 30 minutes or so from her ranch!
Awesome!

Earlier that day, I made her a couple camera strap slipcovers.
I mean, come on!  You all know she takes amazing photos!
I hoped that she liked them...

THE Pioneer Woman!

She said she doesn't have anything like them!
She said they were great.
She asked if I have an Etsy shop.

THE Pioneer Woman

Wow.
Truth... Miss Ree Drummond [The Pioneer Woman] 
was fantastic!  Very down to earth, and SO Okie!  
Meaning that she is INCREDIBLY nice!  
I was born in Oklahoma.
I have been there many times.
I have YET to meet a mean Okie.

I loved The Pioneer Woman.
SO worth the 4 hour wait!!



9 comments:

Celeste said...

All I can say is - if I could've, I would've been there! Love. HER.

And, yes - her cookbook is amazing.

- and, what a great gift for her!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great experience! So happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and LOVE it.

Not to mention im totally jealous and green that you met REE!!!!!!!

That is so great that you gave her the camera straps and she loved them! AWESOME!

chefamily said...

Great post and pics! How nice of you to give her the camera straps. :)
It sounds like it was worth the wait!

Pili said...

That's amazing! I love her blog!! Though I have to say I've always stayed more on her photography side than on the cooking side... I'll have to check her cookbook now!!

Dana V said...

Glad you got to meet her and give her your straps! Great to meet you at the signing and I'll be in contact soon to order a zebra print strap!

Kathy Campbell said...

She is so amazing! How fantastic that you got to meet her! Wonderful!

Denissa said...

I'm SOO jealous!! :) How fun...can't wait to get her cookbook!

CalleLillyCafe said...

I don't think I've ever read her blog! Need to add her too! =)